Chinese Stir-fried Potatoes with eggplant and green peppers – DiSanXian（地三鲜）
Chinese stir-fried potatoes with eggplant and green peppers, simply known as DiSanXian（地三鲜）is one very popular as well as easy vegetarian recipe. The name DiSanXian means “The Three Fresh Vegetables of the Earth”. This chinese easy recipe is a stir-fry recipe consisting of eggplant, potato and green bell peppers.
This is a second version of the Disanxian recipe found on www.mijorecipes.com. In this recipe, I deep-fry the eggplant and potatoes first, which takes a little bit more time, but for beginners, it might be easier to cook.
Chinese Stir-fried Potatoes with eggplant and green peppers recipe :
1 medium potato, peeled and sliced thickly
1 green pepper, cut in medium-sized squares
1 eggplant, cut in slices
2 cloves garlic (optional)
1 tsp cornstarch mixed in little water
1 tsp light soya sauce
1 tsp sugar
1. Deep-Fry the potatoes until brown. Drain and keep aside.
2. Deep-fry the eggplant and fry until brown. Drain and keep.
3. Heat a pan(no need to add oil). Add the potatoes and eggplant.
4. Add salt, mix well.
5. Add the green pepper, mix and cover. Cook over low heat for about 3-4 minutes.
6. Add light soy sauce,sugar and some water. Add to the mixture.
7. Add the cornstarch solution and garlic (optional).
N.B. This is a guest post written by Cindy owner of MijoRecipes. Please visit- www.mijorecipes.com for more recipes.