Internship Guide for Bangladeshi Medical Students in China

Posted on November 26, 2016

Author: Dr. Mohammed Ali Chowdhury

internship-guideWhen you have completed your graduation, University will give you the following documents (Note: 1-2 documents may vary from university to university but in most cases the documents are same)

List of documents :

  • MBBS Degree or diploma
  • Academic Transcript
  • Character Certificate
  • No objection Certificate
  • A certificate stating that the course was conducted in English (this is specially required for Bangladeshi students for BMDC so request your university to issue this certificate)
  • Police clearance certificate
  • Clinical rotation certificate
  • MBBS Curriculum

Step 1:
Once you have received all these documents, notarize this document from a recognized notary public from the city where your university is located per document will cost you around 200 RMB (Try to make 3-4 copies of each documents as this will come handy in future).

Step 2:
You have to go to Beijing to attest these documents from Foreign Affairs Office ( each document attestation will cost you 380-400 RMB).

Step 3:
You have to go to Bangladesh Embassy in Beijing to attest these documents (this will cost 200 RMB for each document)

Step 4:
Once you are back to Bangladesh, attest all documents again from the Foreign Ministry then submit all notarized and attested documents in BMDC and appear in BMDC exam.

Step 5:
Once you have passed the BMDC exam they will issue you temporary registration and letter and send you to DG Health.

Step 6:
Directorate General or DG health is located in Mohakhali, Dhaka. You need to submit your BMDC temporary registration certificate here and if you have any preferred hospital you can tell them and bribe them then they will make your posting in that particular hospital.

Final step:
DG health will issue a letter for the hospital where you will be doing your internship. Take the letter to the respected hospital and begin your internship.

Hope this will help you all.


  1. Nisha

    July 5, 2017 at 3:24 pm

    Hi I have just graduated and in the process of all this paperwork.. After notarization of documents, should I get the notarized documents attested from foreign affairs or the original certificates ? A prompt reply will be appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

  2. Sam

    December 6, 2017 at 2:24 pm

    Thanks for your post.. i wanted to know.. all of the students who come from china have to do the bmdc exam followed by the internship to get registered yes? So do they complete their intership in China and redo tge internship again in bangladesh?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *